Players from United Kingdom are welcome at 888 casino.
– 2 / 10
888 have proven to be unwilling to engage with 3rd party dispute mediation on several occasions over the years. Alongside this they have been known to confiscate player funds citing only vague spirit of the bonus terms.
The extended group of operators that 888 run has been reported to refuse to pay out player winnings if they claim bonuses at multiple properties within their group, but fails to provide players with reasonable information regarding which properties are in their group. This policy also appears to have been applied to gambling protection self-exclusions where checks have not been carried out at registration, only once the player has won. This means that if a player self-excluded from any property in this group, if they sign-up with another property not realising that this property is owned by 888, the player is then in a position where they can lose, but if they win they will not be paid.
In late 2014 a situation came to light where an affiliate was found to be hacking into other sites and posting their gambling links on these sites without the owners knowledge or permission. This activity is clearly illegal and unethical. The majority of casinos that were receiving traffic from this affiliate closed the affiliate’s accounts upon finding out what the affiliate was doing, however some casinos, whether via intent or insufficient security policies, continued to be listed on these sites for many months after the activity of this affiliate came to light. Many other brands managed to quickly take action to get themselves removed from the hacked sites (closing the affiliate account down and ensuring that new accounts could not be open).
In 2017 the 888 Group were handed the largest fine issued to date by the UKGC due to Responsible Gambling failures.
The software that the 888 properties run on – Dragonfish – runs a Baccarat game that we found to mis-advertising the pay out of 2 of the bets on the table. We repeatedly tried to contact this software provider to correct this issue and received no response.
The 888 group have engaged in what appears to be the closure of profitable affiliate accounts using general account closure terms reportedly due to the affiliate not generating enough new leads, though the required amount remains unspecified. We assume that the amount of new leads exceeded the amount required by their minimum activity clause which is the understood minimum. We view this as an unethical business practice.
For references see 888 Group Player Issues
Only casinos carrying Deposit Guarantee Seal can score higher than 8/10.
You can see the latest updates to 888 casino’s terms and conditions here.
To find out how our bonus ratings are calculated see Bonus Rating System.
£88 no deposit bonus.
No Deposits – No deposit required. See Notes for details.
- Slots – 30xbonus
- Blackjack – 300xbonus
- Roulette – 150xbonus
- Baccarat – 300xbonus
- Video Poker – 300xbonus
- Table Poker – 150xbonus
Adjustments to ratings;
Game Weightings (already account for in Wagering Requirements)
- Video Slots & Slots, Scratch card, Keno, Race, Arcade, Dice and all other games that do not appear in the table 100%
- All versions of Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Poker, Triple Card Poker & Poker table games 20%
- All versions of Blackjack, Live Blackjack, Hi-Lo, VideoPoker, Power Video Poker, Baccarat, Live Baccarat & Live Roulette 10%
- Craps 5%
You will receive a £22 bonus on four different game (Blackjack, Roulette, Slots and Video Poker). Each time you place a wager, if you win the money will be put into a winnings account and if you lose you lose. On each of the four games the objective is simply to win £5 before you lose the £22. Once you have lost all of the bonus on the four games, up to a maximum of £5 from each game can be transferred from your winnings account to your real play account.
Payout Speed: 5 days
– 5 / 10
Using Neteller our reviewers reports withdrawals normally paid within 5 days.
Minimum Withdrawal – None listed.
Maximum Withdrawal – None listed.
Banking options available – Credit/Debit cards, Bank Transfer, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers), ClickAndBuy, EntroPay, Ewire, PayPal, UKash and PaySafeCard
We recommend using Neteller for speed, convenience and security. To sign-up to Neteller click here.
888 use proprietary software (their own software) that goes under the name Dragonfish (formerly Random Logic). All 888 associated casinos use this software. To find out more check out our Dragonfish Information Page.
Game selections are as follows;
Table Games – 35
Table Games – 19
Slots – 70
Video Poker – 6
Video Poker – 0
Live – 3
Live – 3
Jackpot – 27
Jackpot – 11
– 1 / 10
Our reviewer reports positive experiences with 888 customer services.
Email Testing Record
- July 2017 – 3 days 23 hours 4 minutes
- December 2016 – Need to register to get support
- June 2015 – No response
- November 2014 – No email support
- June 2014 – No email available
- December 2013 – 2 days 22 hours 5 minutes
- June 2013 – 2 hours 40 minutes
- January 2013
- 1st email – No Response*
- 2nd email – 1 day 18 hours 48 minutes
* 888 did in fact respond to the first email, but at 4 and a half days this response is too slow to qualify for testing purposes.
888 hold the following gambling licenses :
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission – The UKGC are widely considered to be the most reputable regulators involved in the online gambling market. They do not manage complaints for players directly, instead requiring their operators to appoint a UKGC accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution service. As such the value of this license for players depends largely on the professionalism of the ADR service utilised. 888 currently use eCOGRA. You can find further information regarding this regulator’s complaint policies here.
- Gibraltar Gaming Commission – The GGC is one of the more reputable online gaming regulators, but we are aware of a serious software issue where they failed to uphold their own technical standards. You can find further information regarding this regulator’s complaint policies here.
The following countries are restricted from participation with 888 – Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Bouvet Islands, Cuba, Denmark, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guam, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Marinique, Palestine, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Zambia
Affiliate Program – 888 Affiliates.
Players from United Kingdom accepted.
888 does not accept players from the following countries:Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Bouvet Island, Cuba, Denmark, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guam, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Martinique, Metropolitan France, Midway Islands, Palestinian Territories, Puerto Rico, Réunion, San Marino, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Turkey, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Miscellaneous Pacific Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United States, Vatican City, Wake Island.
888 provide the RTPs for all of their slots games.
The 888 casino comp point program offer 1 comp point for every £10 wagered and converts 100 comp points to £1. This is the same as the standard Playtech comp point program and a bit better than industry average.
A company with a long history in the online gaming market, but with players and affiliates alike there’s practices that could be questioned.